Camden Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 March 2009 6.22pm
I just visited Camden market where're I notice they have rebuilt the arches (of sorts anyway) the proportions are different .the development so far doesn't look that bad , but a lot will depend on the materials used on the upper floors. Of which the first phase sets a poor example.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3315/3338032109_c77c02ec39_b.jpg
Thursday 26 March 2009 10.45pm
I forgot to mention , Its surprising what little evidence of the fire on the other side of the road there was.
Zoe
Saturday 13 June 2009 9.06am
I walked past a couple of weeks ago, and thought it looked better than I remembered, and there really is no evidence of the fire, it seemed a job well done.
Saturday 13 June 2009 1.38pm
All the fire damage was on the canal side part of the market , which thankfully hasn't been used as an excuse to redevelop the site,the final phase of the stables market redevelopment is way better than the original visuals.

so far.
Zoe
Saturday 13 June 2009 7.17pm
It was the canal part of the market I was on, and I wondered if we were in the wrong bit it looked so nice.

We walked from the Paddington basin down Regents Canal, it was really lovely, but after Camden it gets very industrial, which is interesting, but meant it was lacking in shade in the hot sun, I was quite grateful to reach Kings Cross!
Saturday 13 June 2009 8.30pm
Walking from little Venice past Camden you would walk past Camden lock market which wasn't fire damaged ,then under the road bridge passed what's called the canal side market which is where the fire was. As you say both looking very nice.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: