3rd Annual Haliburton (Canadian) Literary Evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 March 2009 7.34am
Hi all -

This doesn't happen in SE1 (sorry) but as I'm a long-time SE1 resident I thought I'd post news of this charity fundraiser here. If you're interested in Canadian literature - or know someone who is! - please pass on details of this April 21st event.

3rd Annual Haliburton Literary Evening

Date: 21 April 2009
Time: 7PM
Venue: The Pembroke Pub, 261 Old Brompton Road, SW5 9JA
Tickets: £5 for non-members
BOOKING REQUIRED: http://www.networkcanada.org/news/eventdetails.asp?EventID=685

In the tradition of this literary soirée, a low-key evening of readings, discussion and music awaits at The Pembroke Pub, a venue that provides the pefect ambiance to showcase our line-up of Canadian literary talent.

With its proximity to Earl's Court Exhibition Centre, it is the ideal stopping point after a day spent at the book fair.

Details of the incredible line-up will be announced as readers and performers are confirmed. You'll want to mark this one in your calendar, as it always attracts a lively crowd and provides an intimate setting where Network Canada
members can rub shoulders with established and up-and-coming authors.

Book now by following the link below.

Proceeds from this event benefit the Maple Leaf Trust. www.mapleleaftrust.org

Thomas Chandler Haliburton
Network Canada and the European Chapter of the University of King's College Alumni Association host this annual event in homage to Thomas Chandler Haliburton, who wrote the Victorian era classic The Clockmaker: the Sayings and Doings of Sam Slick from Slicksville. Widely feted on both side of the Atlantic, Haliburton was a Canadian literary lion with distinct London ties.

Todd Swift, Heather Taylor, John Stiles, Jennifer Barclay, Sara Bynoe, Pierre Ringwald, Lucinda Hawksley, Nancy Mattson

Friday 20 March 2009 12.52pm
as a kid I quite like Farley Mowat (a Canadian writer)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: