Hayfever ...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 March 2009 3.57pm
Anyone suffering yet? The BBC weather pollen index doesn't start until April but with itchy eyes, streaming nose (It's a good look) I think hay fever season may have already started ...
Friday 20 March 2009 4.18pm
Hmmm I thought that to, but people at work are off with cold's. I have been taking hayfever tablets that have helped though.
Saturday 21 March 2009 8.54pm
I think at least one of the things causing trouble right now is hazel (pretty normal this time of year) - suffering from symptoms as well.
I started a treatment 2 years ago (very bad allergy to birch) which was extremely successful - no symptoms last spring! However I have been told that this is not very common in UK and people tend to swallow tablets.

Julie - hope it's not getting worse for you. The weather forecast is rain for Monday, it should be much better then....
Wednesday 25 March 2009 5.16pm
I get hayfever so early too!

I think we are fashion leaders for getting it so early.

Kevin
Zoe
Thursday 26 March 2009 8.00am
What was your treatment?
Thursday 26 March 2009 10.09am
Zoe wrote:
What was your treatment?

It is called desensitisation, I get an injection once per month, and after 3 years, the allergy is supposed to be gone. I started 2 years ago, and I did not have any problems last year!
However I started it in Germany and I still get the supply for my serum there, not sure if you find the serum here in UK .... maybe you can try the London Allergy Clinic (www.londonallergyclinic.com), I go to Dr. Mirakian, and she is doing a great job.
Zoe
Friday 27 March 2009 6.49pm
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it, anything to escape the running eyes!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: