Chewing gum rant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 April 2009 9.47pm
I have recently leant against a chewing gum (still moist) in a lift at Guy's, stepped into a fresh chewing gum and today picked one off the wheel of my daughter's buggy. I now want to make people caught spitting chewing gum eat one of these disgusting things off the pavement.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 5.07am
Long have I wept and pleaded about the scourge of the chewing gum all over our pavements (those sweet little round white-getting-blacker-by-the-minute dots you see on every surface in our capital). It is just plain disgusting and antisocial. But what is to be done? Education Education Education...
Saturday 25 April 2009 10.00am
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
It is just plain disgusting and antisocial. But what is to be done? Education Education Education...

You are right on the money there JR, it seems to be an English thing to me.
As a black cab driver I can tell you that I have to freeze and scrape gum from the rear carpet on a regular basis.
I once saw a printed notice in another cab which said, "English parents, please tell your children not to play with control switches." When I queried this the driver said,"you don't have to tell foreigners to control their children, it's just the English and Arabs that let them run riot, but I can't write in Arabic!"
Tuesday 28 April 2009 12.48pm
Chewing gum on pavements is the #1 thing I hate most about London - even more than delayed tubes, overcrowding, noise, etc... Grrrr.

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Tuesday 28 April 2009 12.54pm
Actually, no... I just thought of something even more annoying: people who walk too slowly (especially tourists on Oxford Street who walk in rows of 5).

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Zoe
Thursday 30 April 2009 8.47pm
I'm sure we all walk too slowly when we're on holiday, and their euro buys so much tourists need to spend a lot of time thinking about what to buy.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: