Orange broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 May 2009 8.26pm
Hi All,

Orange have offered me “free” broadband as part of a deal.

Its up to 8 meg speed and 10 GB monthly limit usage allowance. I currently use the internet mainly for general surfing, but do download music / videos and also do like watching things online - particularly on bbc or e4.

I just have no clue if this will be enough for me, and I have also heard some bad things about Orange broadband customer service. Does anyone have any feedback / suggestions?

Appreciate all help!
Monday 4 May 2009 9.22pm
My sister uses Orange - she tells me their support is awful and expensive.

You may find this comparison chart useful.

I have been with PlusNet for about 12 years now - I am on their value broadband, which is comparable to you Orange deal: 10Gb usage, up to 8Mb for 5.99 a month - not bad.

I don't work for 'em.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 4.52pm
"Up to 8meg'" is as meaningless as "up to 800meg" if you're on a feed that won't stabilize above 2 or 3mbps like the antediluvian ADSL around Shad Thames. There's no cable where I live. You'd think that in the heart of London one could get modern speeds without having to launch one's own satellite. If you have ADSL then you're with BT whether you know it or not and I suspect that they give preference to their own customers over re-sellers' customers when problems arise.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 10.42pm
Very helpful - thank you both of you... Still not sure what to go for though!!

Best,

LI
Wednesday 6 May 2009 7.44am
0. ADSL means the internet comes thru your phone line.
1. Determine which services are available - ADSL and/or cable.
2. If both, check with suppliers what the expected download speed is.
3. Check with close neighbours what their experience is.
4. If only ADSL be biased in favour of BT since they control the infrastructure.
5. Outfits like Sky and Virgin will sell cable tv packages with an ADSL - ie phone line - internet component.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: