ABBA

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 18 June 2009 2.36pm
Benny Anderson of ABBA will be giving a concert on Hampstead heath on the 4th of july
Well I have to say I'm exited about that.
http://www.abbasite.com/articles/news/the-benny-andersson-band.aspx
Thursday 18 June 2009 5.09pm
Ooh no. Too much noise on our beautiful Heath. All those crowds; the rubbish; noise pollution; light pollution, and wrecking of sensitive habitat areas in one of London's scarce green lungs.

It's a scandal. Should never be allowed.

I wish I knew someone in a position of influence who could step in and get this mad scheme banned ASAP.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 21 June 2009 7.34pm
YOu are KIDDING Ivanhoe...it'll be super. I might try and go.
Monday 22 June 2009 6.21pm
My, my - in SE1 Ivanhoe did surrender - cause Jackie is the Dancing Queen - young and sweet, etc (can't think of any more cheesy lyrics)
Monday 22 June 2009 9.43pm
It will be Supper Trooper.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 8.53am
Brilliant!
Friday 3 July 2009 10.13pm
Its so exiting I hope seeing a real member of abba doesn't make me faint,
I just head one of the songs on the one show it sounded very abbaesq.
Saturday 4 July 2009 10.23pm
Mamma mia

That was the mot stupendously, totally excellent, outstandingly brilliant concert I have ever been to. The musicians were mind bendingly superb , the mix of traditional to pop was heavenly, with Benny Andersons piano toping the euphoric orgiastic sublimeity.

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant,
Sunday 5 July 2009 8.04am
Dammit, wish I'd gone I'm an ABBA maniac, but...had the elderly mother on my hands.
It sounds amazing.
Sunday 5 July 2009 11.26am
They played some ABBA songs at the end and a song by the Hip stars , the Swedish folk music they played had an ABBA twist as well there were references to Fernando Cassandra gimme gimme gimme ,and the piper, and others and the musicians and singers were fantastic , they also threw in some Shostakovich and Bach and you could hear ABBAs influences in that as well.I also hear some Chess ish night in bangock refrence, I think one of the singers was in chess.
The crowed went wiled.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: