Just Desserts?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 June 2009 1.18am
Saw a classic piece of street theatre yesterday in Wigmore Street W1.
I was stationary at a red light in Wigmore Street facing west, when a light blue Bentley came from Welbeck Street on my right, through the green light and across Wigmore Street.
At exactly the same time a cyclist passed my taxi on the inside, straight through the red light, and, presumably realising he had no chance of avoiding a collision with the Bentley, threw himself to the ground, allowing his bicycle to careen into the car's left side.
The cyclist, who appeared to be in his 40's or maybe older, rolled around clutching his leg like a footballer seeking a penalty, while the Bentley driver appeared incandescent with rage.
I gave the driver my cell phone number as a witness and left them to it, but what chance of redress the driver has I have no idea.
Personally I think that he should have been allowed to use one of those animal slaughterhouse guns on the cretin and leave his carcass in the gutter, but no doubt there is a law prohibiting that.
Friday 26 June 2009 5.54am
The cyclist in question sounds like an idiot, but death seems a rather heavy penalty!
Friday 26 June 2009 10.33am
longlaner wrote:
The cyclist in question sounds like an idiot, but death seems a rather heavy penalty!

I racked my brains to see which ordinance the Bentley driver would have contravened had he carried out Mr. Pepper's tongue in cheek suggestion, then it came to me, littering the street!
Zoe
Friday 26 June 2009 9.07pm
A car passed so close to me today on Albany road that it actually brushed my leg, the second time this has happened (and in the same area oddly). I managed not to fall off, which I thought was quite impressive, but sadly couldn't peddle fast enough catch him and repeatedly punch him through the window which is what I wanted to do - lol

When I parked up I ranted to another cyclist, who was really understanding about the whole thing, and made me feel much better about the fact that I was apparently invisible to the car that cut me up so close that I was thrown forward with the speed of my braking (that last time that happened I was stopping for a 10 I saw on the road), the motorbike that had to swerve to avoid me as he was on the wrong side of the road and the several cars who all sped past me up albany road, getting far too close (it's a shame I can't use my invisibilty to enrich myself), I was actually quite pleased to arive back at work.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: