Safari Parks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 10 July 2009 5.38pm
INPUT PLEASE!! Has anyone got any guidance for chosing a Safari Park...Longleat, Woburn, Whipsnade...anyone got any experience, preference one to the other..I'd be grateful.
Friday 10 July 2009 9.24pm
I went to Longleat and enjoyed it, but I have found that I actually prefer smaller zoos, they have a wider variety of animals and being in your car you can feel a bit distant from them. I also didn't like the monkeys getting near my car!!

The best bit was the tiget walking right next to the car, I held my breath it was that close, and you don't get that in a zoo!

It's a nice day out, and there's other stuff locally you could stop at. However, I bet all three are good.
Saturday 11 July 2009 8.21am
I'm curious if large safari parks allow lions to eat gazelle (as an example) to encourage natural habits.
Saturday 11 July 2009 3.08pm
Then surely they'd be making us walk around the park and see which of us the lions eat...
Saturday 11 July 2009 5.06pm
Cyclists make better sport.
Saturday 11 July 2009 6.39pm
Hey you guys, you are NOT helping me! WHERE to take the grandchildren is what I want to know - and not to have them eaten either!
Saturday 11 July 2009 8.37pm
Do you only want one suggestion, or is it for several different days out?

If it's a day out from London I think I'd go for the closest, they will all be fun but the travel is always tedious. I've never been to a zoo or other animal park that I haven't enjoyed, though Whipsnade will probably be quite educational as well, as it's ZSL, and it's got the elephants!
Saturday 11 July 2009 8.48pm
I've just looked and they are both really expensive, but whipsnade has a railway to take you around, which looks fun!
Sunday 12 July 2009 9.02am
THANKS Zoe, that's helpful!! Yes it's true they are all extortionately expensive - but so is London Zoo. And the day out in the country is part of the programme. They are all quite a way away, Longleat's practically in Bath. But, there we go.
Sunday 12 July 2009 10.23am
I visited Longleat while staying near Cheddar Gorge, and it was quite a travel from there, it's down lots of small roads and just seemed quite a pain to get to, I think I'd go for Woburn or Whipsnade from London.

What about Howletts, that's just next to Canterbury, so could be combined, or Port Lympne, with a visit to the coast. I saw an ad that said they gave you quite a big discount if you bought online (15% something like that).

I've never been so if you go do feedback, so I can decide if to visit!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: