water bills

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 July 2009 6.06pm
hello all, sorry to be nosey, but just wondering what other peoples water bills are roughly (not metered), since the news this evening says the average london water bill is 307/year (apparently the rate will be frozen for 5 yrs, hum). i thought it was based on property size, and i live alone in the smallest one bed flat (caravan size) and pay 275/year, ie near the average, but everyone i know lives in much larger places than me, i don't believe the average can be that low, unless im being ripped off. thanks.
Thursday 23 July 2009 6.48pm
I have a good size 1 bed flat in Newcomen Street and annual water charge is 210-08p.
Friday 24 July 2009 9.37am
3 beds is 364.
Zoe
Friday 24 July 2009 10.16am
I think water bills are like council tax charges, it's all front loaded, so the differences between them is quite small.

I think it's a bit unfair as well!
Friday 24 July 2009 12.14pm
i pay by meter and when i compared to my parents they were paying a lot more than us by rates despite the fact we use a hell of a lot more water as there is only 2 of them and my mum is disabled she cannot use the bath- they have now had a meter installed and it is a lot cheaper. I think it depends on household size the more there is in a household then rates will work out cheaper. My bills are approx 280 per year.

you can ask to have a meter installed if you think it will work out cheaper-contact the water supplier
Friday 24 July 2009 2.47pm
You're spot-on, Dee Dee!
The fewer there are in a household the more advantageous it is to have a water meter. I live in Essex, so can't compare water prices with SE1. Two weeks after I moved in to this house a guy arrived at the door to install a water meter. I said I didn't want one, but he said I had no choice. Every time a house changes hands in this borough a water meter is fitted whether you like it or not. I'd never had one before wherever I've lived and it was the day I'd been dreading! A family of six, four of which are females who spend half an hour in the shower every morning! My water bill, just for domestic water and not counting sewerrage charges, (which is a seperate company,) is 540 a year! Hurry up and get that meter installed Darren!
Sunday 26 July 2009 8.53pm
Chalkey, I am relieved to hear you say that, my water bills for 5 of us (3 of whom need to be forced into the shower at the moment so are not bathing often!) is 450 a year, I thought I must be paying for my neighbours as well, I couldn't believe the bills were so high!
Monday 27 July 2009 8.03am
Don't know how many of you have gardens, but the first thing I invested in when my dreaded water meter was installed was a water butt. I've since bought another one after seeing how much precious rainwater actually disappears down the drainhole. I gave the garden a good watering a couple of days ago as we've had a dry spell here lately and both butts were then empty. We had a good downpour this morning and both butts are now full again. The days of filling my watering can from the outside tap, or using a hose pipe are gone for good.
Monday 27 July 2009 8.09am
I have a large 2-bed and pay 230
Tuesday 28 July 2009 9.18pm
I have a small 2 bed, only me in it for most of the time (being away some weekends, but having lots of people staying for weekends as well) and I paid 150 last year. It is a new development and I have a meter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network