Can you identify the films.....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 31 July 2009 7.21pm
.....from which these stills are taken.
Saturday 1 August 2009 6.08pm
only one I think, gina lollobrigida, tony curtis,burt lancaster...now had senior moment...trapeze? number 11... and possibly harry lime thingy...joseph cotton and orson welles? need my other glasses on!
Sunday 2 August 2009 7.44am
# 9 could be Brighton Rock, but you people have way too much time on your hands!
Sunday 2 August 2009 9.11am
Number 9 looks like my local on a weekday - and 5 is the bar in the same place on a Saturday.
Sunday 2 August 2009 9.22am
Sunday 2 August 2009 10.21am
I think....
#1 'Valdez is coming.' (Burt Lancaster.)
#2 (I'm fairly confident on this one, but only this one.) 'Missouri Breaks.' (Marlon Brando.)
#3 'The Third man.' (Orson Welles/Joseph Cotton.)
#4 Looks like Kirk Douglas, but no idea of film.
#5 Can't make it out, my eyes aren't goog enough!
#6 Don't know.
#7 (Guess.) 'North West Frontier.'
#8 Can't see who it is.
#9 'The Roaring twenties.' (James Cagney.)
#10 No idea.
#11 'Trapeze.' (Curtis/Lollobrigida/Lancaster.
Sunday 2 August 2009 2.10pm
of course chalkey, the Third Man, me and my harry limey thingy! dum de dum de dum de dum....name that tune!
Sunday 2 August 2009 3.06pm
The 'Harry Lime Theme,' was, I think played on something called a 'Zither.' I've only seen and heard one of those before and that was way back in the early fifties when a young Australian lady began appearing on our t.v.'s playing one. Anyone remember the name, Shirley Abicair?
Sunday 2 August 2009 4.52pm
my friend had a television, in a massive wooden cabinet...and a 9" screen, and it kept rolling, i remember rolling shirley!
Sunday 2 August 2009 5.49pm
Staying on the oz theme, do you remember Rolf Harris's
first appearances on English T.V. also back in the early fifties? It was on an afternoon kids programe, the name of which escapes me. He had a little face painted on the back of his hand and would wiggle his fingers. He called it 'Oliver Pollip the Octopus.' Very educational I must say, as an octopus has eight tentacles but Rolf, bless him, used his four fingers and his thumb! Oh yes, and he still had the beard, (but he didn't say, 'Can ya see what it is yet?')
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: