Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 September 2009 7.53pm
On a recent thread I offered the rhetorical question, 'Is this the scam season?' It certainly seems like it. A few weeks ago I had an e-mail supposedly from 'EGG' saying that they had frozen my EGG card account as some suspicious transactions had been noticed. In order to re-activate my card I was required to hit a link and enter all my personal data. As I don't have an EGG card it didn't take all of my few remaining brain cells to deduce that this was a scam. I contacted EGG and they asked me to forward the e-mail to them. After six attempts, (three on each of the two addresses they gave me,) the item still remained undelivered. I again spoke to EGG and spelled out the address of the sender. I then got an e-mail from EGG assuring me they had given me the right e-mail address and would I please try and forward it again. Again it got returned undelivered. I then e-mailed them back at the address of the e-mail they had sent me, asking for any other ideas. I have heard nothing since. (One week ago.)While all this EGG stuff was going on I had another e-mail supposedly from the Inland Revenue, saying I was due a tax rebate. I spoke to IR and they said obviously a scam as that's not the way they do things. They asked me to forward it to their invesigation dept., which I did, and I've not had so much as an acknowledgement. I've had two e-mails supposedly from LLoyds-TSB in the last 24 hours saying there was a problem with my account and asking for my personal data. I don't have a Lloyds-TSB account. An hour ago I hade a text on my mobile saying I was entitled to compensation for my recent accident. My future son-in-law had the same text on Saturday. Thankfully neither of us have had a recent accident. Can none of this nonsence be stopped?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: