Exciting London Olympic logo pins

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 4 October 2009 1.09pm
There are some exciting Olympic logo pins just out.
Nice to see logos showing what London is really like,
Not fantasy London with canary wharf all over the place.

This colection is good.
London at night
Sky line panorama

Sunday 4 October 2009 4.43pm
Out of stock, but registered my interest. Presumably the 5000 Limited Edition won't be extended or it wouldn't be limited.
London Night Scene 2012 pin badge set
Featuring 10 individual pin badges of London landmarks at night and displayed in a smart presentation box, this highly collectible London 2012 Olympic set is the perfect gift or must-have for collectors and Olympic enthusiasts alike. Own a piece of London 2012.
Limited Edition: 5000
Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
Price: 125.00
This product is currently out of stock,
however please use our Enquiry Form to record your interest and we will contact you if it comes back into stock.
Sunday 4 October 2009 11.08pm
My be with this sort of thing they can bring it back with an adjustment to signify that its not part of the first 5000 limited addition,
But it would be basically the same.

They are also having a vote on the 2012 website for a collection of pins representing a land mark from all 35 boroughs of London.

I voted for Alexandra Palace.
Monday 5 October 2009 10.24pm
Apparently according to people on games bid .com the London at Night pin set hasn't been released yet.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 7.33pm
they are out now.

Here is a better picture,
drat, I cant afoet it right now.

Now that we can get a closer look from this photo of them ,I have to say Its absolutely breath taking.
Tuesday 20 October 2009 8.44pm
I never knew that official merchandise called the clock tower 'Big Ben'. How odd.
Wednesday 21 October 2009 11.49am
Wednesday 21 October 2009 3.18pm
Is it just me?

some time ago, just after the 2012 logo came out someone mentioned to me, that it looks like Lisa Simpson doing something unspeakable, and it's a difficult image to get rid of. When I see the logo, I just think, eugh Lisa Simpson!!
Wednesday 21 October 2009 3.27pm
No, JonR, it's not just you...
Wednesday 21 October 2009 4.02pm
I still don't like the logo as a stand alone emblem , but what is so nice about the London at night pin set is the silver mono tone low key treatment of the logo, with the London landmarks defining the shape of the pin badge (not the shape of the logo)

With the landmarks in two tone silver standing out against black sky.

and the way they line up to form a sky line making them an illustrious looking set of pins that transcend any issues about the logo design.

I have to mention that the breathtakeing picture is from the Olympic2012don website

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: