online gambling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 October 2009 11.12am
hey does anybody know the law for betting using bookies based in other countries? i've tried to do it a few times to get better odds but sometimes it works, sometimes i'm not allowed.

Wednesday 7 October 2009 12.47pm
I think it's 'Victor Chandler' who are based in Gibraltar, (or maybe one of the Chanel Islands.) If so, they may give better odds. Can't be much more help than that I'm afraid. I have an on-line account with a home bookie, and for the size of my stakes half a point or so is neither here nor there.
Wednesday 7 October 2009 4.48pm
Different laws depending on the country

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 9 October 2009 10.24am
Thanks chalky, Ivanhoe, yeah that is annoying!! Done a bit of research and there's an online petition to make it so we can get anywhere in the EU at But still not anywhere in the world (obviously).

I think i'm just gonna stick with the home bookies - like you said chalky, it doesn't make a massive difference but still i don't like to think i'm losing out on anything lol!
Friday 9 October 2009 11.45am
I guess you use oddschecker already? And have accounts with the main UK bookies, in order to take best prices? And keep an eye out for all the new account offers in the press?

Without getting into the exchanges, I think that's the best you can do currently.

Different bookies are better/worse for different sports, especially if you follow less popular sports (I follow Rugby League, and some of the big bookies are very poor on RL bets, whereas they may be much more competitive on, say, football).

Friday 9 October 2009 1.15pm
I don't know abiout others, but William Hill have a 'Best odds guarantee.' If you take an early price and your horse drifts in the betting and then wins, you get the winning s.p. I know that don't happen too often, but I have benefitted from it a few times.
Friday 9 October 2009 2.17pm
Yes, but that doesn't mean much if there's another bookie who's offering a better early price...which is where something like oddschecker comes in.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: