That time of year.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 December 2009 6.57pm
Q/ What's got 48 legs and no front teeth.
A/ The cast of my six year-old grandson's school nativity play.
Yes, it's that time again, the school nativity play! Having been blessed with five children and, so far, two grandchildren, I have seen more than a few nativity plays and the kids don't change one bit. It could be the same kids, year after year, because some things never change. There's the little blonde haired angel who has all the mum's saying, 'Ah, bless.' The semi-permanent scratcher and the yawning shepherd. And, of course, no nativity play would be complete without the little nose picker on the end, who has no doubt been placed on the end by the teacher in the hope that nobody notices him but who, eventually and inevitably, becomes the focal point.
I left the school feeling uplifted as usual, with joyous carols ringing in my ears. 'Thilent night,' 'God westht ye merry gentleman,' 'Wonth in Royal Davidth thitty,' and to finish...'We witsh you a merry Kwithmath!'
Oh joy.
Tuesday 22 December 2009 9.21pm
chalkey ,i loved them plays ,my lad came out as a sheperd,took his robe of ,declared ,"!i'm hot ". then of with the shirt ,and before anyone could stop him ,he was naked lol ,you just gottta love kids

DJM
Tuesday 22 December 2009 10.39pm
Love them indeed, DJ. They are all that counts.
If there's anything better than kids and grand-kids, it's yet to be invented!
Tuesday 22 December 2009 10.56pm
If I'd known how much fun my grand-kids were going to be then I would have had them first!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: