Wierd!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 December 2009 11.15am
I'm rapidly approaching my 63rd year on this planet and I've seen lots of snow during that time and been out in lots of thunderstorms. But never the two together! Last night, on the way home from my youngest daughter's school production, it was snowing heavilly and then there was an almighty flash and a crashingly loud roll of thunder. This contuinued at intervals all the way home and for about ten minutes after we got indoors. All the time it was still snowing heavilly. It was very, very weird! Was any of that going on in SE1? (Around 10p.m.)
Friday 18 December 2009 8.13pm
Mum always said of any odd weather it was the fault of that bloody Atom Bomb!
Friday 18 December 2009 10.20pm
Funny you should mention that, Jan.
When I was a teenager and they were doing all sorts of 'A' and 'H' bomb test, my dad used to shake his head and say, 'They're interfering with nature. No good will come of it.' The final straw for him was when they started detonating 50 megaton boms up in the atmosphere, instead of the usual 'ground level' tests, (like the ones on Christmas Island.) I clearly remember him saying to me, 'Son, it may not be in my lifetime, but before you leave this world you will see weather in this country that you never thought possible.' He wasn't a scholar, my old dad, or a sage. But he is being proven uncannily right.
Monday 21 December 2009 11.47am
They may not have been educated to degree level Chalkey, but by heck they knew what they was talking about!
I remember scientists had this brainy idea years back about firing a missile at the Moon to see if it was hollow!...we would have had some very weird and high tides had they gone ahead of that!
Tuesday 22 December 2009 8.46am
Surely, Jan, we would have been covered in cheese!
(Sorry if that's a bit obscure, but wasn't that the old joke years ago that the moon was made of cheese?)
Tuesday 22 December 2009 9.12am
Chalkey that was clear and transparent as the gritters on the road of southwark! gets you in a pickle..:-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: