Small home repairs offered in exchange for donation of clothes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 December 2009 11.56am
Hello, Druid Cycles at 17 Druid Street is collecting clothing( especially winter clothes, like warm shoes,gloves,wollen jumpers, winter jackets etc.)for the homeless in Bermondsey. In return for your donation we can offer a small home repair/DIY service, if you require any help. Please contact us on 07551016380.We pick up your donations and do the repair on the spot.We wish all readers of SE1 a Happy New Year.Helping each other will make SE1 a more human place in 2010.
Wednesday 30 December 2009 3.01pm
What a great idea Thor...
Tuesday 12 January 2010 5.18pm
Yes, a great idea - will see if I can dig out some old clothes.
Tuesday 12 January 2010 8.54pm
We would like to take the opportunity to wish all readers a Happy New Year and thank you for the donations we have received.Our special thank you to Jessica,Monti, Tim, Victoria,Vic,Joe, Matt,Jimmy and Shareena.
Some of the clothes we passed on directly to some homeless people, who help us at Druid Cycles, some clothes we recycle to make new designs.
Druid Cycles is not only a bicycle workshop. we have very skilled volunteers, who can do building works, repair electrical appliances or help in the garden. Please don't be shy to ask us to help you. We are a community project and here to help.
Druid Cycles, "United to assist"
Monday 22 March 2010 4.23pm
Are you still collecting clothes?
Wednesday 24 March 2010 12.24pm
yes we do still collect clothes.also working clothes. thanx thor
Friday 14 May 2010 6.10pm
Hi Thor,

I'm relocating back to the States and am looking to donate clothes etc. before I depart. Are you still collecting? I live on Ladbroke Grove, W11 1PG. I'm not in need of a repair swap, I'm just looking for a good cause where I might donate my clothes. I have sweaters, shirts, trousers, some shoes and some suits which might be good for people looking to re-enter the work force, job interviews etc. Interested?

Cheers,
Paul

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: