Fat Arm?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 January 2010 1.18pm
Saw this blood pressure monitor in the daily mail today and phoned the company to order it because it also measure a.f. asked the size of the cuff, the biggest one is 32 to 42 cms. by my shakey reckoning thats about 16 inches which no way goes around my arm which due to the fact of years of lift and lugging are the size of a coal-miners..

If any one is dotty enough could they measure their upper arms because as I said to this very nice lady on the phone most men have arms bigger that 16 inches!

rant over...
jan the old fat one!
Tuesday 12 January 2010 1.53pm
Could it be a wrist cuff, some blood pressure monitors have those?
Tuesday 12 January 2010 3.11pm
I wonder if it would work around the forearm Katia?
Tuesday 12 January 2010 5.35pm
my 24 year-old daughter has a blood pressure problem which runs in my wife's side of the family. She is also a large young lady, which she again inherits from that side. The two things doubtless go hand in hand and she has been advised to lose weight. She has a monitor and the upper arm cuff is size 22-32 centimetres and fits easilly. I unravelled it and tried it around my thigh and it went three quarters round. I played football for many years, so my legs aren't matchsticks and, for the record, I'm 14 1/2 stone, so I'm no waif either. I find it hard to believe your arms are bigger than my thighs. Are you sure the larger size wouldn't fit you?
Wednesday 13 January 2010 8.59am
Chalkey, have you heard the term Bingo Wings? I don't know about that, my Wings are more Bingo Hall size! I have always had large arms even when I was a mere slip of a thing, size 16 and aged 16..now a few years later I have developed massive muscles through caring for my husband and prior to that my sister in law ( the lifting and lugging described in my original post ) now I no longer do that the muscle is hidden..under a bit more weight! lol..but I think I had better sort out a fabric tape measure just to make sure, because this blood pressure which allows you to check b.p. also detects for A.F. and arrhymias/irregular heartbeats etc. I am normally laid back about my own health and paranoid about my familys..and reading this all back I feel like a hypochondriac!
Wednesday 13 January 2010 2.58pm
They do work around the wrist/forearm, but I wouldn't recommend it. Measurements taken this way will be less reliable and vary a lot.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: