Plants with a mind of thier own.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 February 2010 2.04pm
I was doing a bit of washing up this morning, (should have done it last night, but never do,)and from the kitchen window I could see something red among the bushes in the garden. It was a lovely sunny morning, and still is by the way,(10 degrees,)so when I'd finished the chores I went outside with a well-earned cup of coffee and there, large as life, were two roses in full bloom. Nothing else in the garden has yet reared it's head, and I do have a lot of winter flowering bulbs out there. Perhaps there should be a sign on the A13, 'Welcome to Wetscliff, where the roses bloom before the snowdrops.'
Every year the great outdoors seems to get wierder. I can remember one day in mid February last year when it was 15 degrees and we went for a stroll along the seafront. It was surreal. Everyone was in shirtsleeves or T-shirts, shorts were much in evidence and the queue at Rossi's ice cream parlour went on for miles. I thought I was in a time warp. Maybe this is the 'new' February weather we can hopefully come to expect, but in this country only a fool would bet against snow at Easter....We've had it before!
By the way, Easter eggs are now on sale. Buy now while stocks last!
Tuesday 16 February 2010 9.24am
It's an amazing feat isn't it? One day snow, the next roses. I think we can expect a much milder March and a cooler easter. Hopefully. But really, how can any of us know?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: