Swine Flu

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 18 February 2010 9.51am
I'm just wondering what has happened to swine flu? The media seem to be over it, but surely there are still many cases around. Is it increasing? Decreasing? Has it plateaued?

Postal Gold- sell your gold jewellery for cash.
Thursday 18 February 2010 3.05pm
The media made a mountain out of a molehill as usual.
Thursday 18 February 2010 6.27pm
Think that's a bit unfair.

The media reported what was hot news at the time and kept folks informed.

Because the expected pandemic did (thankfully) not occur is good news.
Friday 19 February 2010 4.39pm
It was a slow news period though.....
Tuesday 23 February 2010 1.01pm
So is it a matter media exhaustion or is the pandemic in actual fact no longer an inherent threat? I am utterly confused!

Postal Gold- sell your gold jewellery for cash.
Sunday 28 February 2010 11.19am
End of January levels for gp consultations on flu like symptoms were 12.1 per 100,000. Anything below 30 per 100,000 is considered 'background'levels. This is low for this time of year.

Levels for other parts of the UK are reported as falling.

Current indications are that this is still a mild flu.

On the 24th February WHO decided it would be premature for them to remove the pandemic status.

So for the time being unless you are in a high risk category it should not pose a major risk.
Sunday 28 February 2010 2.19pm
Interesting reading at this link

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=159655

Please note - I'm not endorsing it, just finding it interresting, particularly alonside the fact that a family member of my own with a serious underlying condition that puts her in the front of the UK queue for a swine flu jab told her NHS physician she wasn't inclined to have one and encountered no opposition whatsoever.
Wednesday 24 March 2010 3.34pm
It's not just the old and young that are at risk - I'm a healthy 34 year old. I'm pretty fit - I cycle to work (30 minutes) everyday - and I caught swine flu on a bus in June of 2009.

I'm generally pretty healthy and don't fall into any 'high risk' category and the flu gave me a chest infection and acute asthma (which I never had before) so I disagree that it's a 'mild flu'.

It took two courses of antibiotics and two courses of steroids tablets and three asthma pumps (and two months of not being able to breathe properly) until I was well again. I still have occasional asthma and apparently I always will now...

No one knows how they will react to it and that's the problem - it does different things in different people so treatment is hard to standardise.
Monday 17 May 2010 8.25am
Yep its been a while since there was any media coverage.Does anyone out there know of anyone or have you had swine flu? I was in a panic last year since I have a low immune sytem so got the vaccine just tp be safe.Perhaps it will come back at teh end of summer?
Tuesday 18 May 2010 7.01pm
I had it. Well I'm as sure as you can be without some sort of test I suppose. I know a few who had it. It wasn't a big deal but it was odd. I had amnesia.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: