NHS Summary Care Record...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 26 February 2010 3.40pm
...anyone else opting out?

I simply don't trust them to hold my most personal private data on a Govt database - given the track record.
Saturday 27 February 2010 8.11am
Me neither, if some cretin can leave MI5 information on their laptops in taxis/restaurants/bars or the discs lost in office shakeups, I dont like the idea one bit...what would happen if the doctors notes were slanderous and made you appear as hypochondriac and you really had something wrong with you...

I am going to opt out and have all relevant information on a medi-disc thingy or have a large tattoo accross my chest saying two things:

IN CAPITALS: YES THIS OLD BIDDY DOES WANT TO BE RESUSCITATED! and refer to medic alert disc..
Saturday 27 February 2010 9.52am
Watch out for these abbreviations on your record especially on your bed chart.
AGMI - Ain't Gonna Make It
ART - Assuming Room Temperature (dying)
ATS - Acute Thespian Syndrome (the patient is faking illness)
CTD - "Circling The Drain" May also mean "Certain To Die"
DBI - Dirt Bag Index - multiply the number of tattoos by the number of missing teeth to give an estimate of the number of days since the patient last bathed
FUBAR - F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition
FOS - diagnosis given to patients that are likely not telling the truth (full of s**t), alternatively a patient with a bowel obstruction
GPO - Good for Parts Only
LOBNH - Lights On But Nobody Home
NFN - Normal For Norfolk, (a rural English county stereotypically associated with inbreeding.)
PAFO or PFO - P***ed And Fell Over
TEETH - tried everything else, try homeopathy
Saturday 27 February 2010 10.24am
Phoney..lmao...will now eradicate the tattoo being in capitals and emblazoned accross chest..will settle for alert bracelet!
Saturday 27 February 2010 10.42am
I am going in person to sign an opt-out form at my practice.

And then to make really really really sure I have downloaded the opt-out form from here and will be sending the practice that too!
Monday 1 March 2010 4.50pm
FUBAR BUNDY - as above ... But Unfortunatly Not Dead Yet aka Organ Doner
Thursday 4 March 2010 1.28pm
I don't want an Organ Doner, thanks. Is this the sort of thing that you get up to on the SE1 Dine with me evenings? ;0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%B6ner_kebab

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 March 2010 6.57pm
I have one of the old style Doner cards.

Saturday 6 March 2010 11.57am
Years ago, when the NHS Spine was first mooted, I tried to register my desire to opt out. I had so much irrelevant gobblydegook back in the post (including the interesting suggestion that if I opted out I'd have to accept that in the future I might find myself not getting necessary care)that I ended up getting Vince Cable, my local MP at the time, involved. Ultimately I was told that my preference was logged and that any negative implications that might arise from my decision in future would be flagged at the time.

Given the fact that they're now saying you'll be automatically opted in unless you use the current opt-out form, I wonder if the logging they did then in my case still stands?
Saturday 6 March 2010 1.23pm
I am not sure.

On a serious note in this thread, I decided to opt-out simply because of the govts track record of security surrounding personal data held in electronic form.

I went to my practice and signed the necessary form, a 5 minute job, - and yes I also sent a copy in the post.

I asked the helpful lady at the desk if she was going to opt-out - "probably" was her reply.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: