Help the aged.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 March 2010 6.50pm
Can anyone help with a recommendation for a new Broadband/TV/Telephone provider package? Or perhaps splitting between two or more providers? I'm currently paying in the region of 60 a month with Virgin Media and wouldn't want to exceed that by much, if at all. But, quite frankly, I've had enough of their incompetence. To go into detail would fill this page and the next few, but my attempted conversation today with their call centre in
Mumbai,(?) was the final straw. As well as the normal stuff, what I'm looking for, TV-wise, is some kind of catch-up facility, so my older daughter, who works unsociable hours, can indeed catch up. Music/Disney channel for my fifteen year old, so she can continue to drool over Zak Efron and a racing channel for me. (Imperative!) Not bothered about movie channels, football/sports channels, (apart from the aforementioned racing.) Any advice would be welcome.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 11.34am
Hi Chalkey

I can recommend Plusnet as an internet/phone provider. I have been with them since 1997.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 6.08pm
Thanks, BSB, that's a new one on me, but I'll certainly look in to it.
I had to laugh at the advert that's come up under my initial posting. There's more chance of Nelson getting his eye back that me staying with 'Virgin.'
Thursday 4 March 2010 3.22pm
Chalkey, if you get decent speed broadband, you can watch races on Sporting Life or ATR websites. SL charges 20p a shot, iirc, but you can take out a subscription.

Not sure if you can add, say, Racing UK, to a TV package if you're not already taking a sports bundle.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 4 March 2010 5.09pm
Cheers Ivanhoe. Collecting all info and will sit down on the weekend and chat to 'she who must be obeyed' and, of course, the rest of the gang.
Sunday 7 March 2010 5.08pm
Thanks, guys; all sorted.
Right or wrong I've gone with Sky for the full Monty. Same tv stuff as I've got now, plus, 'Sky-Plus.' Free phone calls and faster broadband. 18 total set up charge,(including installation of BT line, which I don't currently have,) and all for 5 less a month than I'm paying now.
Let's hope it works!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network