It's April 1st

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 April 2010 7.18am
So, the weather, that's an April Fool, right?
Thursday 1 April 2010 10.21am
It is. All apparently will be back to "normal" by 11.....
Thursday 1 April 2010 10.44am
Heard on the 'Today' programme on Radio4 this morning that the French are claiming that Shakespear was French on account of his mother's real maiden name being 'Ardenne,' not 'Arden.' Didn't hear the rest of the show as I had to take the wife to the station. Was it a wind-up? Also heard on Classic FM about 'Arkwright's Sparkling Malt Whisky,' now that's got to be an April fool.
Thursday 1 April 2010 6.50pm
there was an article in the newspaper today claiming that they had invented a new type of printing which they'd patented - "Flair Spool" which allows 'tastes' to be printed on the paper. It invited the reader to lick the page (in a designated square) to sample a "hidden taste".

I was actually stupid enough to lick the page and, even when I could obviously taste nothing, it still took me ten minutes to realise it was an April Fool's joke!

(Paper was The Sun btw!)
Thursday 1 April 2010 7.36pm
Shame it wasn't page-three, Gavin.
Friday 2 April 2010 2.29pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
there was an article in the newspaper today claiming that they had invented a new type of printing which they'd patented - "Flair Spool" which allows 'tastes' to be printed on the paper. It invited the reader to lick the page (in a designated square) to sample a "hidden taste".
I was actually stupid enough to lick the page and, even when I could obviously taste nothing, it still took me ten minutes to realise it was an April Fool's joke!

(Paper was The Sun btw!)
That made me laugh out loud!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: