Parks, poo and positive action

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 23 March 2004 7.54am
All

Following the thread about London City Mission, a quick Google reveals two UK suppliers of big lollipop sticks (they happen to be medical spatulas). I think that a price (per hundred) is required for these items then, maybe, a 'dip in paint' session.

Anyone up for 'poo marking' in selected parks? Maybe it could be another forum social but with a militant edge?

Regards

Niall
Tuesday 23 March 2004 9.38am
Niall,

Good idea. How do we best combine it with cider, do you think?

I can picture something in a "seven brides..." vein, with SE1-ers coming from far and wide to have a picnic, drink some cider, and build a barn - oops I mean flag the poo.

And I think you'd need a catchy name (you know how we're all suckers for it). Can't think of anything at present, but am sure that Rabbie will come up with something by lunchtime if he reads this thread this morning.

Standing by for action....

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 11.12am
Hmmm - I spent one Christmas Eve, with my Dad in a particularly dog-poo filled street in New Cross (where they live), spraying them gold in the spirit of festive kindness. Unfortunately, the paint really soaked into the fresh ones, which made it a bit pointless as a warning device. We were deeply amused, and quite pleased though and ones that the paint covered did look much nicer...
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 11.59am
Maybe you should have put holly on them? I vaguely remember a protest from a few years back, that involved marking them with flags. When I lived in Bath Terrace, I can remember the grass in the park at the back of my flat being re-seeded. It was fenced off for the duration, but this didn't stop some dog owners who simply broke the fence so as to allow their dogs access to their favourite toilet.
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 5.08pm
Maybe we could use different colours/lollysticks depending on the season - it would make dog poo spotting and avoidence far more fun. Definitely up for some anti poo action...
Wednesday 24 March 2004 9.11pm
I wonder if, instead of tagging the poo, we could somehow tag the dog owner (assuming of course that this IS doggie poo!?!?!) - preferably, we could tag them with the poo, thereby not wasting any further valuable resources?
Thursday 25 March 2004 10.20am
Righto.
Hilarious thread, guys !

Can just picture the thought process in the dog's mind.....

"Did that really come out my @rse yesterday ? GOLD ??? With a FLAG ??? Gawd ! [or whatever deity our canine friends like to pay hommage to] I'd better stop scoffing that Pedigree Chum he keeps dishing out.........!"

Heh heh Lasie never had this problem heh
Rob
Friday 26 March 2004 2.28pm
Very worried by this

why does Ivanhoe want to combine dog poo with cider? surely straight cider is a far nicer drink.
Friday 26 March 2004 3.20pm
I think it's one of those fancy cocktails, city life has turned his head.
Wednesday 13 April 2005 10.33am
It's not my idea to combine dog poo with cider.

Bulmers have been doing it for ages.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: