Gulf oil spill

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 2 May 2010 12.46am
This is becoming pretty serious now...

And I just read this. Dunno how credible the source is, but it's rather scary, to say the least - - a timeline of future history
Sunday 2 May 2010 7.03am
My goodness, this is abslutely terrifying - the end of the world as we know it!!!!
Tuesday 4 May 2010 5.29am
Jesus frightening for the future of our children, we have all this technology and not the ability to stop disasters like this happening..:-(

reminds me of the time when the powers that be wanted to store spent radioactive materials in glass flagon thingys under the sea..yeah just the thing with all those earthquakes and volcanos..

could not they sink another well into the same seam/vein whatever on land and decrease the pressure I Red Adare still alive I wonder!
Tuesday 4 May 2010 8.32am
Didn't he used to dance with Ginger Rogers?
Tuesday 4 May 2010 8.34am
They are drilling a pressure a relief well, Jan, good idea. I've worked in the Gulf of Mexico, but am not technically expert. The questions that spring to my mind are why not have redundancy for the critical blow-out preventer and why were the feds so slow to act, eg to set-off the burn before the choppy weather, to deploy booms and a few other things?

A fuller discussion is here:
Thursday 6 May 2010 11.33am
Chalkey...he only danced over the flames to Cap the wells !

Mark I have just read that link, fascinating stuff, and saw on the news about the great pie funnel thing that they are intending to pop over the gusher, please God it works....
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.57pm
they're doing it today apparently. should make it easier to collect/pipe the oil that is spilling out.
They're also doing controlled burns of surface oil - more CO2 into the atmosphere! :)
Thursday 6 May 2010 6.31pm
Well, speaking as an ex-competitor, BP seem to be doing a great job in adverse conditions while being insulted up the wazoo by the disgusting Obamans. They haven't figured out how to blame Bush, so they're sticking it to BP. "Keeping their boot to BP's throat", gadzooks! These people are infantile compared to the grown-ups in the oil industry.

It's a sidelight right now, but the fact is that the rig operator is Transocean and the BOP manufacturer is Cameron, renowned American companies, but less disliked by Obamans than British BP or jewish Goldman Sachs in another context.
Thursday 6 May 2010 7.04pm
What has the JEWISH Goldman Sachs got to do with it? Do I hear anti semitism raising it's ugly head here?
Thursday 6 May 2010 7.29pm
Yes, you do. Where do you think it is?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: