How rude again!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 16 May 2010 11.49pm
Any ideas on how I should have responded to the well built lady on the Central line who literally pushed me it seemed like a piece of furniture to make room for her self and her friend on a very crowded train. Where there was obviously no more room to fit any one in the small space by an end door in the carriage.
I could not move as I was jammed in by the door of the train and I was concerned about my friend, beside me, who was not used to the unexpected disruptions, crowds and heat of a normal weekend journey on the Underground.
Fortunately my unexpected relocation only had to endure one stop, but as I left the Carriage and feeling more courageous, I said to the lady, "next time please don't push so hard", she replied "well you would not move".
I was old enough to be her mother, I suppose I was an easy target rather than the other younger people squashed in beside me. A painful experience though, my shoulder is still aching.
Monday 17 May 2010 8.42am
nomad Quote:
'Where there was obviously no more room...'

There obviously was more room as she managed to squeeze in. If you're too polite on tubes or buses during rush periods, you'd never get on. It's all part of the fun. In Tokyo they employ people to push passengers on to the trains.
Monday 17 May 2010 9.08am
I'll stick to the buses then and seek my fun elsewhere!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: