Help with New Shower Installation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Gwynaethva Wednesday 19 May 2010 1.46pm
I want to get an electric shower installed over my bath (currently have no shower) and have a few questions.

Can anyone tell me roughly how much will it cost to get one installed? (Just a ball park figure!) - and if I supply my own shower unit?
How do you know if your mains water pressure is up to scratch?
Do you need to hire both a plumber and an electrician to install one?
Can anyone recommend someone local/ a local business who will do it all for me and who is reputable and will do a good job?

Feeling a bit overwhelmed about where to start!

Thanks!
Gwynaethva
BrendanSE1 Wednesday 16 June 2010 6.22pm
Hi Gwynaethva,
We are a local builder. Happy to advise you on types of shower suitable. Main electric types are; mains pressure-works off mains pressure & heats the water,Good pressure = good shower. Pumped shower- works off a water tank and heats water. Usually pretty good shower. Power shower;doesn't normally heat water, but increases the pressure of water from shower head.Works off existing hot & cold supply. Feel free to contact me if you need any further advice.
Otherwise, a simple mixer valve or thermostatic mixer valve might work as well for you. Probably a neater solution too.

Regards,
Brendan, SE1Build.com
Lazy i Monday 21 June 2010 3.10pm
Hi Gwynaethva,

Did you have any luck with this? I am looking to do the same... if anyone else has any suggestions, I would be greatful!

L

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions