Help with New Shower Installation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 May 2010 1.46pm
I want to get an electric shower installed over my bath (currently have no shower) and have a few questions.

Can anyone tell me roughly how much will it cost to get one installed? (Just a ball park figure!) - and if I supply my own shower unit?
How do you know if your mains water pressure is up to scratch?
Do you need to hire both a plumber and an electrician to install one?
Can anyone recommend someone local/ a local business who will do it all for me and who is reputable and will do a good job?

Feeling a bit overwhelmed about where to start!

Thanks!
Gwynaethva
Wednesday 16 June 2010 6.22pm
Hi Gwynaethva,
We are a local builder. Happy to advise you on types of shower suitable. Main electric types are; mains pressure-works off mains pressure & heats the water,Good pressure = good shower. Pumped shower- works off a water tank and heats water. Usually pretty good shower. Power shower;doesn't normally heat water, but increases the pressure of water from shower head.Works off existing hot & cold supply. Feel free to contact me if you need any further advice.
Otherwise, a simple mixer valve or thermostatic mixer valve might work as well for you. Probably a neater solution too.

Regards,
Brendan, SE1Build.com
Monday 21 June 2010 3.10pm
Hi Gwynaethva,

Did you have any luck with this? I am looking to do the same... if anyone else has any suggestions, I would be greatful!

L

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: