Hope for us all.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 June 2010 9.02pm
So far, it's not been a World Cup to set the pulse racing, but at least I saw something tonight that warmed my heart. During the Brazil v North Korea match the camera focused on a young North Korean supporter carrying a placard which read: "Let's forget politics for ninety minutes."
With many of us wondering where it's going to kick off next, (and I don't mean football,) that placard should give hope to us all.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 10.15pm
I understand her sentiment - but feel sorry for her.

On return to North Korea she will be met at the airport and taken to a place of execution.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 12.07pm
I dout it Boss St Bloke as the press have revealed they were Chinese actors getting paid to support North Korea!
Wednesday 16 June 2010 12.07pm
I doubt it Boss St Bloke as the press have revealed they were Chinese actors getting paid to support North Korea!
Wednesday 16 June 2010 3.14pm
Yes, you can be sure the only Nth Koreans there would be cleared 'card-carrying commies' with all their family back home in case they defected.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 3.39pm
Yes there certainly would be only 'card carrying commies'cleared by the Party attending in case they defected.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 5.32pm
What a shame to hear that, dee dee. So who was paying them, the South Africans as a sort of 'rent-a-crowd,' or the North Koreans?
Thursday 17 June 2010 9.36am
Thursday 17 June 2010 10.04am
Sigh.
Thursday 17 June 2010 3.08pm
I can't find the story any more I am afraid Chalkey-i can't open the link WJFox has provided as is "prohibited" at work.

it was on both the BBC and the Sky news web pages if that helps!

I must admit what I have found nice is that the fans at the games seem to be showing respect for the national athems
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: