World Cup Woe

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 19 June 2010 2.42pm
Last night's result really got to my daughter's partner. I've never seen him so angry and upset. He couldn't believe that the cream of his nation's footballers had only managed to draw 0-0 with a second rate outfit who they should easilly have beaten. I hope the feeling passes, but right now he feels ashamed to be Algerian.
Saturday 19 June 2010 3.36pm
Ha - nice one.

What the hell was "Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey" playing at? - because it was not world class football.
Saturday 19 June 2010 6.05pm
I had some inside info that if England win the World Cup Final,'OXO' were going to produce a cube with white wrapping and a red cross and call it 'The Victory Cube.' I hear they still intend to go ahead, but they're launching it early and they're going to call it, 'The Laughing Stock.'
Saturday 19 June 2010 8.53pm
What a great name, Mr Heskey. I will now forgive him anything

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 19 June 2010 9.18pm
South African police have reported a rise in drug dealers, theives and sex fiends since the world cup started. they assume it will return to normal once John Terry and his family go home.
Monday 21 June 2010 7.19pm
World Cup Fixtures:
Tonight Spain meet Honduras in Johannesburg.
Tomorrow France meet South Africa in Bloemfontein.
Wednesday evening England meet France at the airport.
Wednesday 23 June 2010 8.57am
O.K. guys and gals, today's the day. We've all had a pop at the England team after Friday's debacle, and quite rightly so. Today we get behind them. Call it blind faith, but I'm convinced we will win and win well. So much so that I've put my money where my mouth is in backing them to do just that. The price is too short for my stakes just to back the outright win, so I've had some tasty bets on the goals market. I'm all over it like a rash!
I've backed Lampard to score at least two goals at odds of 9-2 and Rooney to score a hat trick at 20-1.
I've bought total goals at all levels from 3.5 to 5.5, and also backed England to win 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 at odds of 7-1, 14-1 and 40-1 respectively.
At four forty-five today I shall either be a happy bunny, or standing on the street corner singing, "Buddy, can you spare a dime?"
Come on England!
Wednesday 23 June 2010 1.47pm
My prediction:

Slovenia 2 - 1 England

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
Wednesday 23 June 2010 2.41pm
Oh please, let it just be OVER.
Wednesday 23 June 2010 4.54pm
Well, the financial side of things wasn't exactly a roaring success, (it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't backed USA to beat Algeria,) but we're through to the next round. We were a much better side and should have converted more of the oportunities we created. But it was like a good old-fashioned cup tie, where the top teams don't always thrash the lower ones. If we play like we did today, we'll score more goals against betteer teams before I shrug off this mortal coil.
There were a lot of positives to be drawn from today's match. There were eleven Englishmen out there today, giving it one hundred per cent. Not the bunch of pasionless, spiritless dummies we saw last Friday. Even if we go out in the next round, as long as it's with a roar and not a whimper, I won't complain.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: