"Sign of the times"?? TV documentary about peoples' homes from about 15 years ago???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 June 2010 3.10pm
Does anyone remember a TV documentary which basically went around all sorts of homes with the owners describing some of their belongings. The camera would film them doing so and then show vignettes of a mantlepiece, or a piece of furniture. I have the title "Signs of the Times" in my head but this might be completely wrong. And I'm hazarding a guess that it was about 15 years ago: it was quite a long time ago. I'd love to see it again and have googled and YouTube-d to no avail. But I know the memory bank of SE1 will not let me down ... or will you!?!
Thursday 1 July 2010 8.30am
Would it be a bit far fetched to give the folk at the Geffrye Museum a call, and see if anyone there remembers it? Sounds like the sort of thing that they would keep and use for dressing their rooms.

Good luck.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 1 July 2010 5.17pm
I may be way off base here but it sounds a little like the programme "Through the Keyhole", hosted I think by either Loyd Grossman or maybe David Frost.
The format was that the camera panned around the house looking at various things and a contestant had to guess who lived in the house.
I think it was around in the early to mid eighties, but as I said, it is just a stab in the dark.
Monday 5 July 2010 10.34am
Thanks Tom but yes, I remember those and it wasn't. It was a one-off series and I don't think it had a presenter or even voice over... am still googling!
Tuesday 6 July 2010 10.01pm
The wonderful SE1-based BFI's search machine came up trumps!

In case it's been driving you mad ...

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/series/20605

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: