mobile phones

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 3 July 2010 9.25am
Having had another spell in hospital my mobile went through the wars, first off a glass of water went over it and because I was linked up to various bits of apparatus decided just to let it dry out. The poor nurse then spilt a glass of milk over it! Cutting short my inevitable waffle, did not realise that the phone stored things as well as the sim. Have now lost incredibly sentimental bit of my Mum speaking. Can you retrieve things off the phone?

me being a dumb klutz did not realise when it said save to sms etc...:-(
Saturday 3 July 2010 10.49am
You can usually connect your phone to a PC and download pictures, sounds, etc. Is it still working? what make and model is it?

If your phone ever gets soaked - job one is to remove the battery, straight away, then let it dry naturally (no heat). If you leave the battery in, even switched off, the liquid will allow the battery to (maybe) destroy your phone's delicate electronics.
Monday 5 July 2010 9.50pm
Data retrieval from a drowned phone is possible, though not guaranteed. You'll need a company that I imagine will charge you a fortune, maybe not. I wouldn't accept any 'can't be done's' from the local phone shop.
Have you tried drying out again? Contrary to popular belief, if you've tried to turn it on once and it didn't work, it still might later on.
Tuesday 6 July 2010 11.37am
It was a little old samsung, held together with a piece of sellotape! I took into a small shop in derby and the nice lad said no problem, sold me a state of the art phone ( well 7.95!) took the sim out and put it into the nokia, I was so pleased when a few numbers came up!..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: