Inception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
mickysalt Saturday 24 July 2010 12.23am
Inception ,
I saw this last week but couldn't be bothered to comment on it till now as it was such an un moving and instantly forgettable film.

If it was meant to be thought provoking it failed ,and it certainly wasn't disturbing.
It is entertaining in part , but even the visual effect fail to capture the imagination.
I wont say its not worth seeing , but in the history of film I would place it no where.
phoney Saturday 24 July 2010 7.38am
Haven't seen it but the trailers on TV suggest it has a lot of CGI. I suppose if you are in to modern video games you take this in your stride but to me it seems totally unrealistic with all those over-the-top explosions and unbelievable action sequences. I find myself always distracted by thinking 'I know how they did that'. Even before a film is released there is usually a docu. on the making of the film (which you don't have to watch I hear you say) Spoils the escapism of the cinema.
mon2 Saturday 24 July 2010 8.34am
DiCaprio in CGI Wonderland meets Ashes to Ashes. Shame, as there were some great actors and acting (despite the storyline) in the film. It seems that action movies are now the “prequel” to the consul game.
Falj Monday 26 July 2010 10.47am
Right, well, still haven't gotten round to seeing this film yet. I was looking forward to it, but there hasn't been great reviews. Maybe its one for dvd.
mickysalt Thursday 29 July 2010 12.18am
wait till its on TV.
wjfox2004 Thursday 29 July 2010 11.41am
Saw it last weekend. I was quite disappointed to be honest. Was okay, but hardly the masterpiece everyone is saying it is. Very overrated.

http://www.futuretimeline.net - a timeline of future history
SJS22 Thursday 29 July 2010 10.29pm
I agree wholehearlty with the comments that MickySalt made......but thought the visual effects were fantastic.
But do make up your own mind.
Gwynaethva Thursday 5 August 2010 7.21pm
I saw this on Tuesday and loved it. Pure escapism and I liked the complexity of layering the dreams and reality...

I'm not really a blockbuster type cinemagoer but IMHO I thought it was mostly well written - it's just a victim of it's own hype. I also think a lot of the special effects will lose a bit of their impact on the small screen.
Tattie Monday 9 August 2010 8.06am
I saw it on Saturday and liked it a lot. Perhaps it's to do with the fact that I don't have a TV, so am easily pleased. Would not go back to see it again though.
phoney Monday 9 August 2010 5.56pm
Snippet from the Comment section of todays ES
Did it leave you Dazed and Confused?
One in five cinemagoers buying a ticket for Christopher Nolan's brain-bender Inception, we're told, is going to see it for a second or even third time.

Apparently this is an illustration of something called Lerdahl's Law: the film has so mashed the swedes of its audience that they have to go back in the hope of figuring out what the hell was going on.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions