soap box

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 August 2010 12.46pm
Chalkey's on his soap box again.
Not for the first time, I almost got run off the road this morning by a motorist who was trying to turn a corner with one hand while holding his mobile phone to his ear with the other. I don't know what the penalty is for being caught driving while using a mobile. It's obviously not severe enoough to be a deterrent because not a day goes by when I don't see someone doing it. I supoose it will be the same old story. Someone, a child possibly, will lose their life because it and the perpetrator will get three years for dangerous driving and be out in two. The family of the innocent victim, their loved one, will then have to continue with their life sentence. Perhaps then, the law will change but, as usual, all too late.
Saturday 14 August 2010 9.05pm
Saw a classic yesterday. Chap in a beat up car with a broken drivers window that he had replaced completely with a black bin bag. Then, pulls out from a petrol station, into traffic, to turn right. Only the yell from a cyclist stopped him - and he moved the black plastic aside to take a peak. Idiot.
Sunday 15 August 2010 10.22am
And they get away with it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: