St.Tony!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 August 2010 7.48am
Is it my fertile imagination that St.Tony Blair has decided to donate all the proceeds to the British Legion just because of the continous debate into David Kellys death? If I had lost a member of my family or any of them incurred dreadful injuries due to the illegal war in Iraq, ( well I think it was illegal!) I would tell him to stuff his blood money right where the sun don't shine.

Has the British Legion actually asked it's members for their opinions?

If he feels the need to relieve his bank account of a few paltry millions, let him donate it to the flood rescue in Pakistan.

I would rather donate the price of the book directly to the British Legion than contribute to Blairs ego trip.
Tuesday 17 August 2010 4.55pm
I 100% agree with you Jan. He seems to have lost his ability to appreciate what, IMHO, the British public in general think of him and his antics as PM and subsequent career. To me, this comes across as slimy and self-serving. This looks like blood money, and may well be, but our veterans deserve to be looked after by us and our government, and their friends/family - not by the person who caused the grief.

He makes my skin crawl, and this announcement (publicity) has reminded me,as a life long Labour voter, what a waste of an opportunity the last Labour government was.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: