Strange but true.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 September 2010 8.49am
I have a nine-year old Beagle, who is perfectly housetrained. However, for five consecutitve mornings this week when I went downstairs to the kitchen, there was a puddle on the floor. Fortunately we have a ceramic tiled floor, so it's easy to clean. I assumed he'd picked up a urine infection and hoped it was nothing more sinsiter than that. (When I researched the problem on the internet it said it could be anything from the aforementioned to bladder cancer.) I was on the verge of taking him to the vet and bracing myself for a hefty fee for consultation and blood tests, but had one last try at fathoming out if any change in his lifestyle could have triggered the problem. His diet was unchanged, he wasn't drinking excessively, but the one thing that was different was that I had bought some 'Flash' floor cleaner in place of the usual various other brands i use, simply because it was on special offer. ( I do chop and change, depending on what's cheapest.) I then checked back and 'Max's' problems began on the very day I started using 'Flash.' Three days ago I bought a different cleaner and Max hasn't had an accident since.
If it is a coincindence then it's an amazing one. I am convinced that whatever is in 'Flash' set off some hormonal or biological trigger in my old hound. If there are any bio-chemists out there who can throw some light on the subject I would be pleased to hear from you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: