flujabs/swine flu jabs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 23 October 2010 2.59pm
Have just read a letter in a local paper (derbyshire) that patients are being given a combined jab of the two vaccines. The letter implied that from now on ALL jabs for flu will be like this as the letter writer asked her nurse in the flu jab area.

If that is the case I think the implications to to anyone who has impaired immune systems will be dire!

Has any one here in the medical profession heard about this?
Sunday 24 October 2010 1.49am
Read all about it!

Personally I've seen so many lies told and so much coercion practised that I prefer to trust my own and my children's immune systems. It's not that all vaccination is a no-no, just that those pushing it have no credibility and a glaring financial conflict of interest.
Sunday 24 October 2010 7.29am
Quite agree Mark, just in process in reading your link.. bet the politicians don't have the combined one...especially the Blairs!.:-)
Sunday 24 October 2010 7.44am
i guess they have a lot of swine flu vaccine to get rid of!
Sunday 24 October 2010 9.34am
Then of course reading that link it's not a double, but a triple with the H1N1 being the dominant one! 8,600 severe re-actions? crikey...oh boy if my g.p. wants me to have one I'll tell him no way...I am on immune suppressants.
Sunday 24 October 2010 7.56pm
I have lifelong lung problems so used to get the flu vaccine up to about ten years ago but I stopped because the last time I got so ill from the vaccine and it didn't stop me getting colds. I don't know how you reliably tell them apart.
Colds are at least as likely to put me in hospital with a chest infection but what DID stop the life threatening chest infections for me, after suffering from them for all my young life, was the pneumonia vaccine.

I don't see why anyone has to take a flu vaccine when the pneumovax is the one that stops you getting serious lung problems and it lasts at least ten years from one dose. Flu vaccines are just a money spinner for the drug companies and have mercury and now squalene in.
Sunday 24 October 2010 9.22pm
@ Davies, the flu jab stops you getting seasonal flu... not a cold... there is no immunisation for the common cold.

It is possible for you to have an adverse reaction to the seasonal flu vaccination but it is highly unlikely... before anyone posts saying that they had it and then got flu... well that's impossible...

I am lucky enough not to have an impaired immune system. But all the same I do have the flu shot and I have done so every year for more than 5 years. It hasn't caused me any issues and I've had not had flu... the swine flu aspect of this yrs also doesn't concern me.

8,600 (as per the daily moan) is insignificant when you consider the jab was delivered to over 13 million people.
Thursday 28 October 2010 10.52pm
jonnyp42 Yes, that was the point I was making - there is no vaccine for a cold which was just as likely to put me in hospital with a chest infection as flu which I don't even know if I ever had, vaccine or not, because I can't tell them apart. Can you? My point is that for people like me, with bad lungs, the pneumovax is the business, NOT the flu vaccine and you only have to take pneumovax once a decade.

I'm delighted you know more about what happened to me after my last flu vaccine than I do! Funny, I didn't see you there!
Friday 29 October 2010 6.53am
Davies wrote:
there is no vaccine for a cold which was just as likely to put me in hospital with a chest infection as flu which I don't even know if I ever had, vaccine or not, because I can't tell them apart. Can you?

If I have misunderstood your meaning let me apologise unreservedly up front.
You seem to be saying, (and I'm very possibly wide of the mark here), I don't know if I've ever had 'flu as I can't tell 'flu from a cold, can you?
IF that is what you were saying, then it's a safe bet that you have never had 'flu.
Zoe
Sunday 31 October 2010 1.30pm
I've had flu once and was so ill I can see why people die with it, I couldn't feed myself I was that sick.

I had swine flu (well the GP thought I did, but I didn't bother having the test) and while I felt bad and couldn't get out of bed, it wasn't as bad as when I had 'proper' flu. I did however have breathing problems afterwards for a while and felt quite exhausted.

I know combined vaccines seem worrying, but there is nothing to show they are unsafe, and if you have a chronic medical condition you should think carefully before refusing the flu vaccine, as it does save lives.

Saying all that, I wasn't taking the swine flu vaccine, there seemed far too many complications with it, and they should offer seperate vaccines if that's what people want.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: