James bond conundrum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 November 2010 10.39pm
James bond conundrum,
I visited the mouth of the lea a few days ago, and as soon as I saw the Trinity Buoy Wharf , I recognized it from The World Is Not Enough , hover after just watching the DVD, you don't see the light house, is it possible that since the DVD first came out maybe after London won the Olympic bid, that seen was re-cut for tv so you see where it is ,I would swear to got that I saw the light house in the film.
Tuesday 2 November 2010 12.19pm
I think you're seeing things, mickey ;0)

Congratulate yourself: you're a visionary.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 3 November 2010 12.18am
So are you just asking if a shot you saw in the film on tv could be cut from the dvd version? If so, yes. The cut of many (possibly most) films in the cinema is different from the one on tv and the dvd will be different again.

I've been in the lighthouse at Trinity Buoy Wharf. It's tiny.
Saturday 6 November 2010 12.46am
I'm 100%sure the last time I saw the film on TV there was a shot looking up at The Wharf and light house as the speed boat went over the dock side, I cant remember about the cinema, but it's a strange shot to cut from the DVD.
Trinity Buoy wharf is the most highly fasenenating place I also noticed that 50s American diner that used to be at spitefields market used in the film sliding doors, it has the ambiance of the old docks more so than butlers wharf , even though the rest of the area around the east India docklands light railway station is what can only be described as an urban wasteland.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 3.58pm
i went there for the first time on sunday to sit in the long player. it was good. Bit eery.
Friday 10 December 2010 11.03pm
I loved the sound instillation in the lighthouse.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network