A bit nippy.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 1 December 2010 2.41pm
I saw something amazing on the lunchtime news today. A BBC reporter speaking from a mining town in Eastern Siberia. He was holding a can of what he described as, "Very hot water." He tossed the water in to the air and it imediately vapourised and turned to snow. He then added that the temperature where he was speaking from was minus fifty-three celcius.
Now that is a bit nippy.
Wednesday 1 December 2010 9.06pm
chalkey wrote:
I saw something amazing on the lunchtime news today. A BBC reporter speaking from a mining town in Eastern Siberia. He was holding a can of what he described as, "Very hot water." He tossed the water in to the air and it imediately vapourised and turned to snow. He then added that the temperature where he was speaking from was minus fifty-three celcius.
Now that is a bit nippy.

Can't top minus 53 Chalkey. However, I wound up spending New Year a couple of years back on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Jesus H. Christ, that was cold, it was Marbella weather here today compared to what it was like at Niagara-On-The-Lake when I was there.
In addition I was in New York City once at New Year and the temperature was minus 18, the radio and TV were broadcasting advice to not go out without ear defenders on!
Wednesday 1 December 2010 10.06pm
Can't swear to it, but in the background on that news clip I thought I saw someone snapping their dog off a lamp post.
(Only kidding.)
Thursday 2 December 2010 7.49pm
Since all this snow arrived all my missiz is done is gaze through the window.
If it gets any worse I suppose I'll have to let her in.
Friday 3 December 2010 6.50am
I'm in Singapore. It's hot and steamy...rather fancy a bit of the old white stuff. Enjoy!
Friday 3 December 2010 10.34am
chalkey - I LMAO - nice one!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: