fish anyone !!!!!!!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 January 2011 7.21pm
I love fish,DO YOU ,whats your favorite ?
sustanable or not to bothered !
i would love to know
Friday 21 January 2011 7.45pm
What is in your "not bothered" list - I would love to know.
Friday 21 January 2011 7.51pm
Back in the 1950's when I was a kid, (yawn,) the local delicacy in south-east London was rock and chips.
'Rock,' being an abreviation for 'rock salmon.' A euphemism for dogfish. I used to eat it coz I knew no different. The only good thing about it was the bone down the middle which I used to toss to the cat and enjoy watching him chomp on. I then converted to cod, and that's about as adventurous I got with fish until this product of the Council house system, who failed his eleven-plus and left school at fifteen, suddenly found himself working in the money market with an expense account. I then discovered the delights of such things as tuna steaks, sole bonne femme etc. However, you can take the man out of the Old Kent Road, but you can't take the Old Kent Road out of the man. I still prefer tinned tuna. A good helping of mayo, a handfull of the sweetest sweetcorn, slapped between two slices of the finest wholemeal bread. Wunderbar!
I never aquired the cockney penchant for shellfish and the like: winkles, cockels, whelks etc. Yuk!
Standinmg next to my toothless grandmother at the stall in East Lane Market, as she chewed on a jellied eel while I gagged at the whiff of it all, may have had a deep, psychological effect on me at a very early age.
Friday 21 January 2011 8.33pm
thats brill chalky !!how did you managed to land a good job like that,sounds like you have done realy well foryourself in grimsby the best payed job we can get is a supervisor in a fishfinger factory on 17,000 a year ha, ha, ha
yes i agree you cannot beat a good old tunasweetcornmao sarnie
p s just looked at one bed flats in se1 and they cost more than my two bed house that is crazy
you guys in london must be on shed loads !
Friday 21 January 2011 8.43pm
Oh, Grimsby. Would that I could afford to live in SE1. I am now an exile in darkest Essex.
Well, not that bad really.
It's a funny old life. I now live a hundred yards from where my mum and dad used to take me once a year, (when they could afford it,) for a 'day at the seaside.'
As for my rise and fall............How long have you got?
Friday 21 January 2011 9.04pm
you cannot beat good old memories and the smell of the sea air or if you live in grimsby fishy air !
Tuesday 15 February 2011 10.12pm
hi,
I live in london & grimsby. In greenwich mon- fri.
I can buy fresh, sun morning & deliver mon. But need plenty of interest to make it worthwhile.
Fresh not frozen...........!
Saturday 19 February 2011 12.13am
mick ,you live in grimsby and london and greenwicch mon to fri bull .,.,, how the hell do you buy sun morn when there is no fish market on a sunday stop trying to con people you give desent honesst people a bad name

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network