How do you deal with moving on?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 April 2011 11.57am
Hola Everyone,

Long time lurker, first post. Talk about a late bloomer ;)

Looks like after 7 years working in Southwark (specifically, Blackfriars Road, south of the bridge) it's time for me to move on to to the other side of the river.

When I first started work here, there wasn't any funky coffin shaped building opposite Southwark tube, ev was a niche hangout (heh, I guess I'm romanticizing things a bit) and Jeff's cafe was cool.

It's no longer 2004 and things have moved on... Lower Marsh is more vibrant, young vic swamped with hipsters and there's even a Pret on the Cut...

While officially, I'm still here till the 9th of May, I already feel the impending move is stifling me a bit, even though from all practical perspectives I'm moving to a better place yada yada...

Anyway, I guess this is like a goodbye post and while I have so many memories and stories to share, I'm finding expressing my thoughts just a bit difficult now...

Take care everyone, no matter what people say, south of the river isn't that bad at all.
Wednesday 6 April 2011 12.45pm
Whaddayamean "isn't that bad"...it isn't bad at ALL, it's great. Won't hear a word against it!
Wednesday 6 April 2011 6.43pm
Lol okay... it isn't bad at all. I'll just try not to remember the one instance of attempted hijacking of my phone on Webber St. ;) It was good fun :P
Thursday 7 April 2011 9.36pm
good luck with your move tapestry, hope you will be happy. never know,you might find that you miss it so much that you will want to come back!
Thursday 7 April 2011 9.41pm
and dont let that one instance spoil your memories! incidents like that can happen anywhere!
Zoe
Sunday 10 April 2011 8.46am
I keep thinking of moving, but can't decide quite where to go, where's as good as SE1? Where you off to?
Monday 11 April 2011 3.57pm
Zoe wrote:
I keep thinking of moving, but can't decide quite where to go, where's as good as SE1? Where you off to?

I'm moving to Soho :o

Right now, I'm trying to experience and visit places in SE1 that I never managed to enjoy or see in my 7+ years working here... Anything interesting you'd recommend?
Tuesday 12 April 2011 9.28am
Old Operating Theatre. Have you been?
Also the chapel in Guys Hospital. Don't miss the radiators!
Wednesday 13 April 2011 7.35pm
beetroot wrote:
Old Operating Theatre. Have you been?
Also the chapel in Guys Hospital. Don't miss the radiators!
Haven't been to any! Thanks for the recommendation.
Monday 18 April 2011 4.41pm
Mandela Way postal sorting office - you might just see some of the post that's dissappeared from round these areas, it's very rare apparently.

The Fort - Grange road, a nice pub for a quiet Sunday afternoon pint, and a game of dominoes (if you ignore the regulars)

There's a Waitrose somewhere in SE1 too, but I haven't found it yet.

The best Fish and Chips ever, in Fishcoteque, under the arches near Waterloo Station (at the jubilee line side exit)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: