Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 June 2011 1.10pm
For 10 years I was told by a consultant I had RSI in my hand and there was nothing he could do for me and for my employer to buy me equipment to do my job to ease the pain.
Before Christmas I asked my GP to refer me to another hospital for a second opinion. Within 30 minutes of being with the consultant and having an x-ray I was told I had arthritis not RSI and was offered a steroid injection to ease the pain. In January the consultant offered me joint replacement surgery to which I accepted and I'm now in recovery.

Would you make a complaint to the first consultant for mis-diagnoses?
Wednesday 15 June 2011 1.45pm
You could send him a letter asking him what basis he formed that opinion? Did the symptoms overlap? did he base his diagnosis based purely on the job that you were doing...therefore looked no further...which sometimes happens with the medical profession.
Wednesday 15 June 2011 2.12pm
I think he did diagnose RSI as the job I do involves alot of typing. He x-rayed 3/4 times over 10 years but never did anything else. I feel quiet let down to be honest. I had to visit another consultant to get the answer. I know after 8 weeks that there is no pain!!!! Well apart from heeling pain and its very different to what I was suffering from before the op.
Thursday 16 June 2011 11.33am
You might save someone else years of pain if he'll listen to your feedback.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: