News of the World

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 6 July 2011 9.27pm
Yes - someone had to start this thread.

I was wondering what my newsagent on Tooley Street is going to do with all his unsold News of the World rags this weekend?

I almost typed "newspapers" instead of rags - but common sense stepped in and spared me from shame.
Thursday 7 July 2011 1.16am
Unfortunately BSB, they will probably sell the same amount as usual. You and I may see the rag as despicable, and fervently hope that the owner/editor/ and reporters that can be proved to be involved in hacking, get stiff fines and hopefully custodial sentences, but experience shows us that that is unlikely.
There has always been a strata of British society that lap up rags like this one, my old Dad called it "The Barmaids Bible."
Thursday 7 July 2011 12.37pm
I think people will still buy it, they like the celeb gossip to much not to read it on a Sunday.
Thursday 7 July 2011 1.31pm
Your are probably correct.

And with the amount of free space created by the lack of adverts, the hacks will have to crank out far more garbage to fill the space!
Thursday 7 July 2011 4.46pm
The announcement (just made) that the next edition will be the last ensures it will sell out toot sweet. Ironic or what?

No doubt will be relaunched under another title as soon as they can.

All profits will all go to good causes...they're trying hard to redeem themselves.
Thursday 7 July 2011 7.14pm
janefs wrote:
The announcement (just made) that the next edition will be the last ensures it will sell out toot sweet. Ironic or what?
No doubt will be relaunched under another title as soon as they can.

I noted this news with mixed feelings, on the one hand I am happy that News International have pulled the plug on the N.O.T.W.
On the other, I feel sorry for any working stiff, NOT guilty journos), who may lose his job as a result.
Friday 8 July 2011 1.52pm
I understand that few, if any redundancies are to be made, in preparation for the launch of News Ints new rag Sunday. All this smoke and mirrors to deflect the BskyB takeover - that Murdoch is one clever SOB
Monday 11 July 2011 12.30pm
Of COURSE it will be resurrected with another name, Sun on Sunday or some such. Whether or not Ms. Rebekah Wade/Brooks will bite the bullet is what interests me. She "was unaware" of what was going on...oh PULEEZE - if not, why not? If you're the big cheese you bloody well SHOULD know. But so long as there are people interested in prurient gossip these publications will thrive.
Thursday 14 July 2011 12.25am
While not strictly about News International, there was a business card placed through my mail-box today by a Sun reporter, urging me to call him.
I deliberated for a while, assuming that I was being set up by a practical joker, but eventually cracked and rang the number.
Apparently, God knows how, he said that he had received information that the holder of the 166,000,000 winning Euro Lottery ticket was my grandson!
He sounded almost as disappointed as I was when I apprised him that he had been misled!
Thursday 14 July 2011 6.44am
I bet you were more disappointed than he was...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: