Mobile boffin?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 22 July 2011 9.09am
If there are any mobile phone boffins out there perhaps you could help with the following....
Yesterday evening my mobile rang and because I wasn't wearing my reading glasses I couldn't see the name or number on the screen. When I answered it a surprised male voice, which I didn't recognise, asked, "Who's that?" I replied that I might ask the same question. He then said that he had called his partners phone and again asked who I was. I just said that I was obviously not his partner, and he cut off.
Then, within twenty seconds, my land line rang and I got a bit spooked, thinking it might be him again and there was something very odd going on. But it was my son on the line and he said I would have a missed call from him on my mobile as he'd just rang it and got some weird noises, so he'd hung up and rung the land line. After we'd had our chat I checked my mobile. There was no missed call message from him, but his call was registered in my call history, even though he hadn't got through and we hadn't spoke. However, the other call was nowhere to be found. I've had crossed lines etc. on land lines before, but never on a mobile, and the 'call history' thing is very strange. Furthemore, I reckon there would eventually been a steward's enquiry between my caller and his partner. I'm sure he would have wanted to know who the strange guy was who answered their mobile phone.
Saturday 30 July 2011 10.58pm
Well , I am by no means an expert in the mobile phone department but i am willing to bet even money that you may be a victim of 'Chalkey-Tapping'.With all the top line humour you put around the SE1 sites you become a hot commodity in the literary dodge and it is 11-10 on that the Tapper wants to get a jump on the crowd for your humourous lines.

But , of course , this is just a guess on my part .

Tone

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: