Walworth Police Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Friday 19 August 2011 5.03pm
I feel the need to complain somewhere. I had to hand in a form at Walworth Police Station and Southwark Council. It took 5 minutes with the Council, and 50 minutes at Walworth, and only then because I went to the front of the queue to complain and ask if they could open another booth, and the woman wordlessly took my form and tossed it onto a pile (who knows what will happen to it).

I know they're busy, but people had been waiting well over 2 hours and it was obvious I'd be there that long as well. They didn't turn on the air conditioning and they had no queuing system and people kept pushing in.

If they can reallly only manage one person on the desk, they could at least buy one of those cheap take a number systems so you could go to a shop or something while you waited. Oh, and buy more bloody seats.
Friday 19 August 2011 5.22pm
Walworth Police couldnt run a bath...it's the most useless joint.
Saturday 20 August 2011 9.26pm
A friend of mine works out of there and I know him (and his colleagues) to be dedicated and professional.

BUT I twice went to the station to identify someone who had mugged me and both times had to leave in disgust after waiting 30 minutes or more without being able to speak to anyone about it. And this was after I prearranged to go there!
Monday 22 August 2011 9.30pm
No experience of Walworth P.S. but on the thankfully rare occasions that fares leave items in the back of my cab, necessitating a trip to a Police Station within 24 hours, (leaving it longer invites a steward's enquiry of Spanish Inquisition proportions), I have been met with interminable lengthy waiting times to deposit them.
Once at Albany Street P.S. NW1 a P.C. said to me, "Is that your taxi outside with the notice on the dash saying that you are in here returning lost property?"
When I replied in the affirmative he said, "That won't cut any ice with the wardens if they come along, if I were you I'd find a nick with parking meters near it,"
It's little wonder that some of us throw umbrellas etc. in the dustbin.
Sunday 28 August 2011 1.04pm
I had two bicycles stolen separately. They closed my case before it could begin because it was not cost-effective for them to look at the CCTV camera. They also refused to put this in writing. Bicycle theft continues in my area.
Zoe
Saturday 3 September 2011 10.39am
I wasn't critisising the police who work there, I'm sure they are really hard working and very committed. However it shows that unless you think about the customer experiance you make the whole organisation look bad.

There is no need for the staff on the desk to be so poor at their jobs, rude and unwilling to deal properly with customers, like managing the queue. I think a senior manager needs to do some mystery shopping there and they will realise quite how appalling it is and the damage this does to them.

A little bit of respect and consideration goes a long way.
Saturday 24 September 2011 9.28pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Walworth Police couldnt run a bath...it's the most useless joint.

I couldn't agree more I'm afraid.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: