Happy New Year 5772

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 September 2011 6.20am
My calendar informs me it is Rosh Hashanah and the year is 5772. According to wikipedia this means you have 10 days to face up to the error of your ways and put your house in order.
Thursday 29 September 2011 7.34am
My house is well in order, I assure you...but thanks all the same. Here in Israel all is QUIET it being New Year's Day, and in ten days it will be SILENT because we shall be (or at least should be) Atoning. We shall probably be on the beach. I always know what year it is because it goes with my age..I shall be 72 next birthday.
Religious holidays are all very well, but with a Government like the Israeli one, full of nutters, bigots, religious fanatics, people with a rather dubious relationship with the law, a night club bouncer (our foreign minister) the country is going to hell in a handbasket. Otherwise...Shana Tova as we say in the Holy Land.
Friday 30 September 2011 12.54pm
Shana Tova, my dearest Jackie- I think you stand in the next (Israeli) election and kick their butts.
Friday 30 September 2011 9.10pm
Shana Tova, my elusive neighbor. And yes, Jackie for PM sounds good.
Saturday 1 October 2011 3.04pm
Yeah Yeah, an ancient crone as PM, just what they need. Trouble is, no sensible YOUNG person wants to go into politics anywhere...not in the UK either. It's just one big hassle and your life is picked over with a magnifying glass every day...who needs it? Shame.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: