Interesting talk just over in SE16:

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 31 December 2011 2.11pm
Blue Anchor Library hosts a group called the 'First Tuesday Club', which is a meeting group for mainly senior citizens, but is open to any age group.

The next meeting is this coming Tuesday, 3rd January 2012, & it is from 10.30am to 12 noon.

We try to have a guest speaker each month, & this one we are lucky to a talk & slide show called 'Piers of the Realm', by Mr. Anthony Wills, who is a former chairman of the National Piers Society, which has it's own website at www.piers.org.uk

We have about a dozen people attending, & he doesn't usually talk to such a small group, so this is simply a very late plea for anyone who likes history & structures like good old seaside piers, to come along, if retired, not back at work, or not in work at all, & you might want something to do for a couple of hours. And making his visit worthwhile. I am sure some of you will find it interesting, & if you can't make it feel free to bring it to the attention of anyone who you think may be interested.

As I say, it's FREE & there are tea & biscuits also FREE at 'half time'.

We are Blue Anchor Library, Market Place, Bermondsey, SE16 3UQ.

Buses P12; 1 & 381 go past, along Southwark Park Road; Market Place is opposite Iceland.

Apologies for the short notice, I have literally only just thought of posting about it on here.
Monday 2 January 2012 2.48pm
Hi Dulwich Mishi

We have a small but growing website for SE16 at http://www.se16.com

Please do send us details of similar future events by email to se16events@banksidepress.com and we'll be glad to include them.

We do a weekly email all about SE16 events: see http://www.se16.com/newsletter to read past editions and/or subscribe.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 3 January 2012 2.21pm
Ooh, I didn't know that you were expanding, James. Good luck with the new venture.

I'll send the link to our Country Mouse friends living out in the sticks ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 21 January 2012 10.13am
Hi all,

you could also advertise on www.southeastcentralco.uk. It mainly covers se4-se23 tho Dulwich and Bermondsey don't have their own area forums just yet as it's still in its first year. It is very Southwark and Lewisham heavy tho.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: