April Fool

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 April 2012 11.43am
Anyone get hit yesterday?
My wife got me with a doozy.
After I had spent an enjoyable Saturday evening with a mess of ice cubes and a bottle of Stolychnya, I was deep in the arms of Morpheus when she woke me at 08.00 and said that there was a black fox in the back garden.
I staggered from the bedroom to the rear spare room and looked out of the window to see a black and white cat.
"The cat must have scared the fox away!" she said, "April Fool!"

I was reminded of a real cracker that I, and dozens of others, stood for on the Paris Metro about 10 - 12 years back.
Staying near Place d'Italie, we were en route to Gare de l'Est to meet some friends, when, as the train pulled into Oberkampf, the driver/conductor announced, "Ce train se termine ici, tout le monde descendre, s'il vous plâit." (This train terminates here, everyone get off please.)
[Cut me some slack, it was a long time ago, and although my language skills are reasonable, I'm only a two bob Black Cab driver.]
As we shuffled off, bemused, he suddenly announced, "POISSON D'AVRIL !",
(Literally, fish of April, the French term for April Fool.)
Still, it went down well, only a couple of people bitched, even if we all felt like the biggest mugs in Christendom!
Monday 2 April 2012 2.49pm
at about 7.30 last night, I turned to my wife and said "it's 1st April, and no-ones played an April Fool on me! That's never happened before"
She smirked, and said "That's what you think!" and then she refused to tell me what she'd done.
Wednesday 4 April 2012 11.08am
JonR wrote:
at about 7.30 last night, I turned to my wife and said "it's 1st April, and no-ones played an April Fool on me! That's never happened before"
She smirked, and said "That's what you think!" and then she refused to tell me what she'd done.

And? Le tout SE1 waits with bated breath!
Wednesday 4 April 2012 11.30am
and nothing - she didn't tell what she'd done, if anything, and I carried on eating my dinner, and watching TV....
not a great story I know, but it's April Fool related.
Wednesday 4 April 2012 9.57pm
On the assumption that you don't have an official food taster, did the dinner taste okay? No adverse affects as yet? I'd say that you were in the clear by now Jon.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: