Mousey, mousey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe Thursday 26 April 2012 9.46pm
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find a mouse (of the tech type). I have broken my wrist and can't put my hand flat, so need a mouse that can be used sideways.

Anyone ever seen such a thing? Is it worth trying a local computer shop do you think? Am I just imagining such a thing exists...

Some morphine would also be very nice, and a way to wash the left hand side of my body, plus someone with really long but thin fingers, to assist with scratching. Hmmm, Tom Pepper could also drive me to work, I'm probably on his route.

Advertisement

beetroot Friday 27 April 2012 7.11am
I'm not quite sure I'm understanding but would a trackball mouse help?
http://www.nydashop.co.uk/products/12761/
It stays still and you roll that ball in the direction you want. It could be rolled with the side of your hand, or your arm, or your foot!
Tom Pepper Friday 27 April 2012 4.00pm
Zoe wrote:

Some morphine would also be very nice, and a way to wash the left hand side of my body, plus someone with really long but thin fingers, to assist with scratching. Hmmm, Tom Pepper could also drive me to work, I'm probably on his route.

Sold the cab Zoe, so no can do with the lift to work, plus now that I'm a civilian I'm not allowed in bus lanes, and I couldn't handle all that queuing in traffic with the other lemmings.
In addition I'd have to pay the C.C., something I've never had to do in the past, and I'm not about to start now.

In closing, were I a lot younger, and not the epitome of a Southern chivalrous gentleman that I am, I would offer to assist with the washing and scratching, but I'm in enough trouble without that!
Zoe Friday 27 April 2012 5.51pm
Tom, you are very welcome to come around and help me scratch...

I searched for sideways mouse and found some but they are almost 100, so will try the rollerball and see how that works.

I can't put my hand flat because of how the cast is fitted, but I keep trying and it's aching quite a bit.
Tom Pepper Saturday 28 April 2012 12.02am
Zoe wrote:
Tom, you are very welcome to come around and help me scratch...

Lord, please guide me on this and lead me to the path of righteousness, do not let me be turned aside by the Jezebel that you have so obviously sent to tempt me from the goodly life that I have led thus far, (insofar as a Black cab driver can lead a goodly life).
In addition, please let your servant Zoe get well soon and return to the virginal and chaste condition from which she doth not tempt your good servants with her earthly blandishments, amen to that.
Pops Monday 7 May 2012 7.48pm
These are not cheap, but probably what you are looking for?

http://www.ergo2work.co.uk/products/en/ergonomic-mice.html?gclid=CM21jMv47q8CFUsMtAodNUR9zg
connie Friday 11 May 2012 9.02am
Due to carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, I have been using the Rollermouse for about 3 years now (it is the 10th item from the link Pops recommended above). I know, it is about 150 but it is great. You use both hands with it. Actually I use the left hand to click and the right hand to scroll down and move. It is quite intelligent with double click button
Now I can't stand using a regular mouse where you overuse your right hand and especially the middle finger to scroll down...
phoney Friday 11 May 2012 9.51am
connie wrote:
Now I can't stand using a regular mouse where you overuse your right hand and especially the middle finger to scroll down...

Having a big male hand that sounded a bit odd, so just tried using my middle finger to scroll and it feels very awkward. Always use index for scrolling and left click, and middle finger for right click. Wonder if men and women use different fingers to control a mouse?
Debrajoan Friday 11 May 2012 5.48pm
phoney wrote:
connie wrote:

Having a big male hand that sounded a bit odd, so just tried using my middle finger to scroll and it feels very awkward. Always use index for scrolling and left click, and middle finger for right click. Wonder if men and women use different fingers to control a mouse?

Although I have a small(ish) female hand I agree with you phoney, I tried my middle finger on my Magic Mac mouse, but it felt unnatural, rather like trying to brake with your left foot.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 14 May 2012 6.53am
Why cant Zoe practise using the mouse with her other hand? Or am I daft?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions