The right to die

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 13 May 2002 3.44pm
After the recently publicised case, should terminally ill patients have the right to decide when & how to end their own lives? Your comments please. (Yes this could actually be a real debate, come on jo jo, join in)
Monday 13 May 2002 3.47pm
You should be in the other forum. Yes everyone has a right to buy. Why has jo jo gone Quiet?
Monday 13 May 2002 4.15pm
Oh well, I tried...
Monday 13 May 2002 4.16pm
I mean die
Monday 13 May 2002 4.24pm
I think yes, people suffering in the same way as Diane Pretty should have the right to die, although I can see why the courts are so twitchy about allowing it. Euthanasia should be allowed, but it is open to abuse. Still, if someone is determined they want to die, and are terminally ill, and can convince the courts that this is what they want, then better for them to be given an overdose of morphine and die painlessly, than to suffer a painful death as a result of infection or starvation, which are currently the only options available to them if they don't want to carry on but can't kill themselves.
Monday 13 May 2002 4.33pm
such a morbid subject
Monday 13 May 2002 5.07pm
I agree with Miss Jo Jo - holland is far more progressive. should we also follow their lead in legalising Marijuana?
JJ
Tuesday 14 May 2002 12.56pm
Re: following Holland's lead in the great marijuana issue: hell yeah! I mean, let's face it, everyone smokes it anyway and the government might as well make some cash off it. Will also reduce dearth of organised crime (as large majority of that is drug-related), as well as reduce levels of PARANOIA in the copious number of users (ummmm, no names mentioned...).
Tuesday 14 May 2002 1.11pm
Could do with a spliff now actually to reduce the paranoia of my employers catching me on this website
Tuesday 14 May 2002 2.05pm
show me a smack or crack head who never smoked a joint first, to legalise it sends the wrong message to children, Holland is no better off for it.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: