a Bee and Me....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 2.49pm
Why is so, that I who have greatest respect for life, wont use any pesticide etc., in the garden..enjoying a glass of beer with a young friend get divebombed and stung by the blighter? unprovoked I may add! after I had swiped him aside to get the sting out of my thigh,
why did I feel so flipping guilty seeing him deader on the floor than Monty Pythons parrott!

I shall make amends and buy a bee house which i saw in a magazine which seemed to comprise of cut up garden canes...
Tuesday 29 May 2012 9.25pm
Sorry to hear of your painful experience, Jan.
Are you sure it wasn't a wasp? I've never known a bee to sting anyone unprovoked, but I've had a few wasps sting me over the years for no apparent reason. I blame Noah. He should never have let those two bloomin' wasps on to the Ark!
Wednesday 30 May 2012 7.29am
Such is the human race, often it does seem such a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.
Mark Twain
Wednesday 30 May 2012 8.25am
Nice one, Phoney.

I recommend to Jan that she apply some juice of the Huckleberry, (but only Finn-ly.)

By the way, Jan,
as you were being stung, my friend Tom saw ya.
Wednesday 30 May 2012 2.17pm
Chalkey, definitely a bee, perhaps he was dazed and confused at seeing a human in the garden! and did Tom see the dance of death? or my idiot friend saying I was imagining it ...then had to prove it by showing her a very angry increasing circle with a red dot in!lol
Thursday 31 May 2012 10.01am
Apologies for the feeble puns re Mark Twain, but on a serious note, some words of advice.
A friend of my wife was bitten by a flying insect yesterday and was rushed to hospital where she stayed overnight, pumped full of antibiotics and antihistamine. She doesn't usually react badly to insect bites, but this was something else. If anyone does react badly, or worse than usual after being bitten, pleeeeeze seek medical advice.
No one has any idea what insect was responsible, but as our climate changes we must expect new and unwelcome visitors. I went fishing recently and saw a couple of flying insects I didn't recognise, and I've seen plenty over the years by the water's edge. Do take these things seriously. My wife's friend was told she was lucky.
P.S. Hope your feeling better, Jan.
Thursday 31 May 2012 9.40pm
Oddly enough Chalkey, I have never seen a hornet , apart from tom and jerry cartoons, but I am sure I saw some the other day?

Spoke to my uncaring friend tonight told her that I still had the mark and was a bit tender...she said the bee probably died from the concoction of pills I take combined with a lager and lime!

Tuesday 5 June 2012 10.11am
Never seen hornets in London but 10 - 12 years ago went to Margate and there were swarms of them on the beach so wouldn't be surprised if the are here now.
Sunday 15 July 2012 6.13pm
in my opion as a long time imbider of the alcholic beverages ,it is my conculsion that the Lime was devinately the cause of the poor bee's decent in to the dance of the the deceased .bless his soul

Tuesday 24 July 2012 1.27pm
Oh definitely the Lime! Will need another alcoholic drink soon, Daughter who has been looking after me bought me back and when she saw the garden had a fit when she saw the grass...weeds....stinky small gulley drain that was blocked...looks like at some time or another some cretin workman has poured cement down I though...daughter lifted up sewage inspection pit and gagged in disgust! or perhaps trying not to vomit...

Have now phoned our housing office which are very good in responding to repairs...emphasising that it's not a plumber I need! it would take more than a plumber to fix this lot! lol

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: