Road Fund Licence

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 29 August 2012 4.52pm
For years, whenever my brother renewed his annual RFL he would slide the new disc in front of the old ones in his car's windshield. I was with him when his latest one arrived in the mail and he went to put it in his car. "Show me those old ones, Steve", I said. He gave me one that lasted from Aug. 06 to Aug.07, 195, Aug. 07 to Aug. 08, 205, Aug. 08 to Aug. 09, 210, Aug. 09 to Aug. 10, 215, and Aug. 10 to Aug. 11, 235. He left last year's one in there, but this year, until Aug. 13 was 250.
Must be music to the Green Party's ears, I'd guess.
Wednesday 29 August 2012 6.49pm
Just to rub it in, watch out for the petrol price over the next few months.

My youngest daughter has asked for driving lessons for her eighteenth birthday. She says she can get a nice little 'run-around' car for about 500.
I had to bring her down to to Earth by reminding her that her insurance would be about four times the price of the car, plus RFL, petrol costs, servicing, M.O.T.s and maintenance. I think she's having a re-think.

I was queuing up at a ticket machine on Saturday to buy a parking ticket. (Four quid. Bargain.) I hooked a handful of change out of my pocket which consisted of a two pound coin, two one pound coins and some odd silver. I was suddenly reminded that it added up to what my dad used to give my mum every Friday to feed us for the week.
Monday 3 September 2012 10.38am
Last time I renewed, mine was 35/year.

Of course, if I CHOSE to run a bigger vehicle, I would have to pay more RFL.

Can't really see what the issue is. Even in DJ's brother's case, 235 to 250 is a 6% raise. Train fares have just gone up by more than that.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 6 September 2012 9.26pm
I wasn't really trying to make an issue of it Ivanhoe.
I was merely commenting on how, like many other things, the annual RFL has risen over the years.
Perhaps it should, I'm not saying that it should not.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: